Thomas Jobson 1832-1909
Parents: Edward and Mary Jobson (1)
Born: 24th October 1832 in Burton End, Haverhill.(1)
Baptised: 25th December 1832 in Haverhill (1)
Married: Lydia Whiting, spinster, of High Street, Haverhill, on 26th July 1857 at St Mary's Parish Church, Haverhill. Witnessed by George and Maria Jobson.(2,3)
Children: Frederick Jobson b.1859, Alice Jobson b.1866, Frank Jobson b.1869, Albert Jobson b.1872, Kate Jobson b.1874 and Susannah Jobson b.1877
Died: Mar 1909 in Haverhill. Buried on 18th March 1909 at Haverhill Cemetery.(4,5)
Bio: Thomas was the second child of that name that his parents had baptised. Presumably the first Thomas died in infancy. On the 1841 Census, The Jobsons (or Jopsons) were living in Burton End, close to some of the Whiting families. Thomas' father was a silk weaver, and he had an elder brother George, a young brother Henry and a younger sister Sarah.
(1) Genealogical Society of Utah; Place: Haverhill, Suffolk, England; Collection: ; BTs; Date Range: 1831 - 1832; Film Number: 989590.
(2) Suffolk Records Office, Bury St Edmunds, Parish Registers of St Mary's Church, Haverhill. Fiche 578/4/p25 of 37
(3) Marriage Register. 3rd Quarter 1857, Risbridge district, Volume 4a Page 550
(4) Haverhill Cemetery, Ref.3342. http://www.haverhill-uk.com/pages/burial-records-137.htm
(5) Death Register. 1st Quarter 1909, Risbridge district, Volume 4a Page 545