Rose Lily Whiting 1886-1951
Bio: According to Familysearch, Rose was baptised on 22nd February 1887, although this information is not sourced and it is unclear where this took place.(4) Rose features on the 1891 census as a scholar living at 21 Burton End with her parents and siblings.
At the time of the 1901 census she's still living at home, this time with seven other siblings as well as her parents and she's working at Gurteen's factory in a role that's hard to make out from the handwriting on the census.
When the 1911 census is taken, Rose is still living with the family at 29 Burton End. She remains a factory hand.
Rose can be seen living with brother-in-law and sister Walter and Alice Nunn at 93 Burton End on the 1939 Register (5), which was taken on 29th September that year. She is a retired clothing machinist, and is shown as single.
It seems that Rose never married or had children. She died in 1951 and was buried at Haverhill cemetery.(4,6)
(1) Birth Register. 2nd Quarter 1886, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 637
(2) Death Register. 2nd Quarter 1951, Newmarket District, Volume 4b Page 859
(3) Haverhill Cemetery. 1960. Compartment U, Grave space 367, Ref: 7326
(4) England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975, Index, FamilySearch, Batch No.103809-1, Film No.1657479
(5) 1939 Register. Ref: RG101/6661C/013/32 Letter Code: TYDO. www.findmypast.co.uk