Annie Whiting 1900-1979
Parents: John Whiting and Kate Kiddy.
Born: 20th February 1900 in Haverhill.(1,5)
Married: David C Ince, 24, bachelor, labourer, of Kedington End, son of Arthur Ince, Labourer, on 4th October 1925 at St Mary's Parish Church, Haverhill. Witnessed by John Darking and Beatrice Whiting.(2,3)
Children: Leslie Charles Ince b.1926, John Erwin Ince b.1929, Sidney Dennis Ince b.1930, and Living relatives
Died: 1979 in Cambridge District.(5)
Bio: Annie was the daughter of John Whiting and Kate Kiddy, who ran and lived in the Royal Standard pub in Burton End, Haverhill. She was born on 20th GFebruary 1900(1,6), and appears on the 1901 census living at the pub with her parents and sisters, Lily May, Beatrice, and Gladys.
On the 1911 census, Annie is 11, still living at home and is at school. The family are now living at 96 Burton End, and John is no longer the publican of the Royal Standard. He is working as a silk weaver. Annie has sisters, Lily May, Beatrice, Gladys and Ethel living with her as well as a lodger, Walter Mayes.
The records of Gurteens show that Annie joined them on 21st February 1913 as a machine finisher. She appears to have left after she married.(7)
Annie married David Charles Ince on 4th October 1925 at St Mary's Church, Haverhill.(2,3) David was born in Kedington, the son of Arthur Ince, originally of Sturmer and Esther Claydon, of Great Bradley. He can be seen on the 1911 census living at Calford Green, Kedington.
Annie and David would have six children, three of whom are still living.
David died on 23rd June 1957(4,6), at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. He was living at 107 Crowland Road, Haverhill, at the time. Annie lived, quite possibly at the same address, until 1979.(5)
(1) Birth Register. 1st Quarter 1900, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 866
(2) Suffolk Records Office, Bury St Edmunds, Parish Registers of St Mary's Church, Haverhill. Fiche 578/4/20
(3) Marriage Register. 4th Quarter 1925, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 2003
(4) Death Register. 2nd Quarter 1957, Cambridge District, Volume 4a Page 215
(5) Death Register. 3rd Quarter 1979, Cambridge District, Volume 9 Page 0620
(6) Ancestry.com, National Probate Calendar, 1858-1966.
(7) Employment records of Gurteen & sons.