Albert Edward Whiting 1901-1985
Parents: Frank Whiting and Florence Lewsey.
Born: 13th February 1901 in Haverhill.(1,2)
Married: Amy Booth, 2nd Quarter of 1935, Brentford district, Middlesex(4).
Died: March 1985 in the Croydon District(7).
Bio: Albert Edward was the second son of Frank and Florence Whiting, and was born in 1901. He appears as a young child on the 1901 census living at 31 Mill Road, Haverhill. His father Frank is working as a brush weaver.
On the 1911 census the family are living at 10 Chauntry Row, an address they had inhabited previously. This time they have another son Harry, 6. Albert Edward, Bertie, 12, and Harry are all at school.
Albert married Amy Booth in 1935 in the Brentford district.(4)
On the 1939 Register, Albert and Amy can be seen living at 30 Priory Road, Brentford and Chiswick. Albert is an employee and a ladies and gents hairdresser, and Amy is an unpaid domestic worker, or housewife. Albert's date of birth is confirmed here as 13th February 1901, and Amy's as 1st February 1899(3).
The London Electoral Registers show Albert and Amy still living at 30 Priory Road until 1959, when they moved to 67 Netheravon Road, also in Chiswick, where they remained until at least 1963(6).
It appears that Albert and Amy never had children. Albert looks to have died in Croydon in March 1985, his given birth is one year out but the day and month are correct(7).
Amy died in June 1993 in Shrewsbury district, Shropshire, aged 94(5).
(1) Birth Register. 1st Quarter 1901, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 876.
(2) National Archives: WO 363 First World War Service Records of Frank Whiting. Ancestry.com. British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920
(3) 1939 Register, Ref: RG101/0679A/015/43 Letter Code: BBCW, Findmypast.co.uk
(4) Marriage Register. 2nd Quarter 1935, Brentford District, Volume 3a Page 601
(5) Death Register. Jun 1993, aged 94, Shrewsbury District, Register No. B49A, District and subdistrict 7151B, Entry No. 52
(6) London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965, Ancestry.co.uk
(7) Death Register. Mar 1985, aged 85, Croydon District, Volume 11 Page 2115