Freda Evelyn Whiting 1909-1992
Parents: Arthur Whiting and Emily Rowlingson.
Born: 25th March 1909 in Haverhill.(1,2)
Married: Thomas Charles Webb, 22, bachelor, telephone engineer, of 31 Eden Road, Haverhill, son of Thomas Webb (deceased), mat maker, on 20th July 1930 at St Mary's Parish Church, Haverhill. Witnessed by Arthur Whiting and Wilfred Jack Webb (4,5)
Children: Living relative
Died: 11th April 1992 in Cambridge(2,8). Cremated at Cambridge Crematorium, Dry Drayton on 22nd April 1992.(8)
Bio: Freda was born in Haverhill in 1909 and can be seen on the 1911 census living with her parents and older brother Arthur at 1 Chainey Pieces, Haverhill. Her father Arthur was working as a clerk at Gurteen's.
Freda grew up in Haverhill, and on 20th July 1930 she married Thomas Charles Webb at St Mary's church, Haverhill (4,5). She was working as a shop assistant and living at 41 High Street, Haverhill, with her parents at the time. This was also Wilkins tailors and outfitters shop. The marriage was witnessed by Tom Webb's brother and either Freda's father or brother; it is unclear which.
Thomas Webb was born on 25th February 1908, the son of Thomas Webb of Haverhill and Rose Parmenter, originally of Long Melford, Suffolk, who had married in Haverhill in 1900. (6,3).
After their marriage Freda and Tom went to live in Cambridge. They can be seen living at 'Lymington', Birdwood Road, Cambridge, on the 1939 Register. Thomas is working as a telecommunications fitter at the post office.(3)
Thomas died in 1981 in the Cambridge district(7), and Freda was living at 91 Victoria Road, Cambridge when she died on 11th April 1992(2). She was cremated at Dry Drayton Crematorium, Cambridgeshire, on 22nd April 1992. (8)
(1) Birth Register. 2nd Quarter 1909, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 900
(2) Death Register. 2nd Quarter 1992, Cambridge, Volume 9 Page 557
(3) 1939 Register, Ref: RG101/6303J/016/26 Letter Code: TAAQ, Findmypast.co.uk
(4) Marriage, Register. 3rd Quarter 1930, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 2586
(5) Suffolk Records Office, Bury St Edmunds, Parish Registers of St Mary's Church, Haverhill. Fiche 578/4/20
(6) Birth Register. 1st Quarter 1908, Risbridge, Volume 4a Page 919
(7) Death Register. 3rd Quarter 1981, Cambridge, Volume 9 Page 0655
(8) Deceased Online.