Emily Kathleen Whiting 1902-1958?
Parents: Lewis Albert Whiting and Kate Baines
Born: 21st October 1902 in Haverhill (1,6)
Married: William F Brown in Risbridge District in 1925(2)
Children: Living Relatives
Died: 1st Quarter 1958 in Newmarket District?(5)
Bio: Emily Kathleen Whiting was the second daughter of Lewis Albert and Kate Whiting and her father's WW1 service records reveal she was born on 21st October 1902. On the 1901 census the previous year, her family are shown living at 14 Chainey Pieces which is probably where she was born.
The 1911 census sees the family at the same address, Emily is referred to as 'Emmie' here. Her father is drabbet weaver and her mother is a clothing worker.
Emily married William F Brown in Haverhill in 1925. William was born in 1900, and was probably the son of Albert Edward Brown, originally of Glemsford, Suffolk, and Emily Claydon, who had married in Haverhill in 1894(3).
Emily and William can be seen on the 1939 Register living at 14 Chainey Pieces with Emily's widowed father Lewis Albert (known as Albert). William is employed as a textile worker most likely at Gurteens, and Emily is housekeeper.
It is unclear when William died, but Emily is possibly the 'Emily K Brown' who died aged 55 in the Newmarket District in the 1st Quarter 1958(5).
(1) Birth Register. 4th Quarter 1902, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 872
(2) Marriage Register. 2nd Quarter 1925, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 1948
(3) Marriage Register. 4th Quarter 1894, Risbridge District, Volume 4a Page 1193
(4) 1939 Register, Ref: RG101/6661D/019/22 Letter Code: TYDD, Findmypast.co.uk
(5) Death Register. 1st Quarter 1958, Newmarket District, Volume 4b Page 1154
(6) The National Archives, British Army WW1 Service Records, WO363 'Burnt Documents', Ancestry.co.uk