Ann Pool c.1784-1853
Parents: Thomas and Mary Poole.(6)
Born: c.1784 in Haverhill.
Baptised: 11th June 1786 at St Mary's Parish Church, Haverhill.(6)
Married: William Whiting, of the West Suffolk Militia, on 5th January 1810 at St Mary's Parish Church, Haverhill (1,2)
Children: Hephzibah Whiting b.1812 died in infancy, Phoebe Whiting b.1814 died in infancy, Samuel Whiting b.1818 and Rebecca Whiting b.1823
Died: October 1853 at Burton End, Haverhill. Buried at St Mary's Parish Church on 1st November 1853.(3,4)
Bio: I think that Ann was the daughter of Thomas and Mary Pool(e), there is a record of the baptism of an Ann Poole in 1786 which ties in with the age of this Ann. The censuses she is present on give her place of birth as Haverhill. She married William Whiting in 1810, and went on to have a number of children before the 1841 census where she is listed as living in Burton End, Haverhill with William and their children Samuel and Rebecca.
On the 1851 census, Ann is living with husband William in Burton End with their son Samuel, who has been widowed recently. Her age is given as 67.
An Ann Whiting died in 1853 in Burton End and was buried at St Mary's Parish Church. William's wife is really the only candidate to be the Ann who is buried here.
(1) Suffolk Records Office, Bury St Edmunds, Parish Registers of St Mary's Church, Haverhill. Fiche 578/4
(2) Barnabas Webb’s pocket-book, Suffolk Records Office, Bury St Edmunds. HA553/1
(4) Suffolk Records Office, Bury St Edmunds, Parish Registers of St Mary's Church, Haverhill. Fiche 578/4/p35 of 37
(5) Death Register. 4th Quarter 1853, Risbridge district, Volume 4a Page 233
(6) SFHS. Suffolk Baptism Index, Clare Deanery 1754-1812.