Privacy & Data Protection Information
From 25th May 2018, any business, organisation or group holding personal information about living people in the UK or European Union, must conform to the General Data Protection Regulation.
You can read the GDPR Guidance here: https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr-1-13.pdf
Because Haverhill Whitings is a site that makes use of information contributed by members of the public, I’ve outlined below some points about how this and other information is used:
· Haverhill Whitings is a free website that focuses on deceased individuals, but occasionally refers to living people who have kindly contributed to the site.
· Information on this site is generally obtained either from the public domain, from genealogy database sites such as Findmypast, Ancestry and FamilySearch, from archive centres or from contributions from members of the public
· Permission to use contributions from members of the public such as photographs and stories is always obtained first, and the person who contributed is acknowledged on the page concerned sometimes with a reference to how they are connected to the deceased individual.
· Living people are not specifically identified in genealogy shown on the site and so are not included by name in family trees, or on pages as children of deceased individuals.
· No information is kept on living individuals who have contributed, other than that which is present in communication via email or contact form.
· This website does not use Google Analytics, but does use StatCounter.com to track 'unique visitors'. StatCounter sends a cookie to the visitors' computer. This information is collected solely to improve the service they offer and statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals.